PRO SOCCER NEWS AND RESOURCES FROM Minnesota AND BEYOND
- LOS ANGELES – The LA Galaxy announced today the club has mutually agreed to part ways with goalkeeper Jonathan Bond."We would like to thank Jonat… – MLS LA Galaxy
- COMMERCE CITY, Colo. – The Colorado Rapids announced today the club has loaned defender Aboubacar Keita to Bohemian FC in the League of Ireland Premie… – MLS Colorado Rapids
- PORTLAND, Ore. – The Portland Timbers have unveiled a slate of new additions to the Providence Park experience ahead of the 2024 season. Here's a rund… – MLS Portland Timbers
- LAFC Looks to Stay Perfect to Start SeasonThe Los Angeles Football Club has represented the Western Conference in MLS Cup presented by Audi in eac… – MLS
- FRISCO, Texas – FC Dallas announced today several updates to the club's technical staff ahead of the 2024 Major League Soccer season. André Zanot… – MLS FC Dallas
- FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (Wednesday, February 21, 2024) – For the first time since 2009, Real Salt Lake (0-1-0, 0 points) failed to earn a result in its … – MLS Real Salt Lake
- Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh to a new contract through 2024 with a 2025 option.Ranjitsingh, 30,… – MLS Toronto FC
- New York City FC (NYCFC) today announced Wendy's® as the Official Quick-Service Restaurant Breakfast Partner of the Club.As part of the new p… – MLS New York City FC
- WALTHAM, Mass. – Evolv Technology (NASDAQ: EVLV), the leading security technology company pioneering AI-based screening to create safer experiences, t… – MLS FC Dallas
- New York City Football Club's 2024 MLS season kicks-off with a trip to Charlotte FC on Saturday.The Boys in Blue travel to North Carolina, looking… – MLS New York City FC
- COLUMBUS – As the Columbus Crew start the 2024 MLS season at Lower.com Field on Saturday at 2 p.m. against Atlanta United FC, the Crew will debut a va… – MLS Columbus Crew SC
- NEW YORK, N.Y. – Major League Soccer has announced that Sportec Solutions, will be the league's new Video Assistant Referee (VAR) technology provider … – MLS
- ORLANDO, Fla. – Ahead of the 2024 Orlando City SC and Orlando Pride seasons, INTER&Co Stadium and Oak View Group have announced new additions to the f… – MLS Orlando City SC
- HOUSTON – Houston Dynamo Football Club announced the latest additions to Shell Energy Stadium for the 2024 campaign. The Dynamo will kick off the sea… – MLS Houston Dynamo FC
- The Arbella Insurance Group Announces Sponsorship with the New England Revolution for the 2024 and 2025 MLS SeasonsQUINCY, Mass. — The New England Revolution are pleased to announce a new partnership with Arbella Insurance Group ("Arbella") for the 2024 and 2025 … – MLS New England Revolution
- Albania: SuperligaSkënderbeu Korçë 0 – 1 Dinamo CityAngola: GirabolaAcadémica do Lobito 0 – 0 WilieteUnião de Malanje 0 – 0 Desportivo HuílaArgentina: Prim B MetroLiniers 0 – 0 Deportivo MerloComunicaciones 4 – 1 Deportivo LaferrereAsia: AFC Champions LeagueAl Ain 2 – 1 NasafAl Nassr 2 – 0 Al FayhaVentforet Kofu 1 – 2 UlsanYokohama F. Marinos 1 – 0 Bangkok UnitedBolivia: LFPBThe Strongest 3 – 0 Real Santa CruzUniversitario de Vinto 1 – 0 GuabiráBrazil: Copa do BrasilSousa 2 – 0 CruzeiroAnápolis 1 – 0 TombenseManauara 1 – 2 RetrôRíver 1 – 1 Ypiranga RSAudax Rio 0 – 0 Portuguesa […]
- Argentina: Prim B MetroDock Sud 1 – 0 UAI UrquizaFlandria 1 – 0 San Martín BurzacoVilla San Carlos 0 – 0 AcassusoSportivo Italiano 0 – 3 ExcursionistasArgentino Merlo 3 – 0 SacachispasDeportivo Armenio 2 – 0 CañuelasArgentino Quilmes 2 – 1 Los AndesFénix 1 – 1 MidlandGimnasia Mendoza 1 – 1 San TelmoArgentinos Juniors 2 – 1 Independiente RivadaviaUnión 0 – 0 PlatenseBelgrano 4 – 1 SarmientoDefensa y Justicia 1 – 1 Central Córdoba SdEAsia: AFC Champions LeaguePohang Steelers 1 – 1 Jeonbuk MotorsKawasaki Frontale 2 – 4 Shandong TaishanAl Kahrabaa 0 – 1 Al AhedAustralia: A-LeagueMelbourne Victory 2 – […]
- Argentina: Primera DivisiónBarracas Central 2 – 1 Talleres de CórdobaDeportivo Riestra 1 – 0 Atlético TucumánEstudiantes 2 – 0 Newell's Old BoysLanús 2 – 1 Boca JuniorsAsia: AFC CupAl Nahda 3 – 1 Al RiffaBulgaria: First LeagueLudogorets 3 – 1 Cherno moreSeptemvri Sofia 2 – 1 CSKA 1948 Sofia IIChile: Primera DivisiónAudax Italiano 2 – 3 Deportes IquiqueColombia: Primera AJunior 0 – 1 Deportes TolimaBoyacá Chicó 1 – 0 AlianzaCosta Rica: Primera DivisiónHerediano 2 – 1 GuanacastecaCyprus: 1. DivisionPafos 0 – 0 Nea SalamisDenmark: SuperligaVejle 0 – 0 AGFEgypt: Premier LeagueIsmaily 0 – 0 ZamalekModern Future 2 – 2 Al […]
- Argentina will play two friendlies in the United States in March after their planned games in China were cancelled due to Lionel Messi’s absence in Hong Kong. The 2022 World Cup winners will play El Salvador at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on March 22, before facing Nigeria at the LA Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles on March 26. El Salvador replace the Ivory Coast, who Argentina was originally scheduled to play in one of the two friendlies. The two friendlies against Nigeria and Ivory Coast in China were cancelled this month after Messi failed to appear in an Inter […]
- Inter Miami put their disappointing preseason tour of Asia behind them with a 2-0 win over Real Salt Lake in their MLS regular-season opener Wednesday. Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez each provided an assist on the night. Suárez hobbled and battled for 90 minutes in his MLS debut. All eyes will be on Inter Miami this season with MLS Cup or bust expectations the only measure of success for the Fort Lauderdale-based club. With Messi now fully fit after an adductor injury limited his preseason action, Inter Miami was the aggressor in the first half. They dominated possession as a […]
- Garber took aim at the PSRA and criticism of MLS' attempt to limit its first-team involvement in the Open Cup
- Executive producer describes what it's like to capture Messi's life on film.
- Squabbles with China aside, Inter Miami's preparations to capitalize on Messi's arrival are now paying off
- Plus, the staff makes a few bold predictions.
- On the night that Luis Suarez made his MLS debut, Miami got goals from Robert Taylor and Diego Gomez to take their first win of the 2024 season
- After a new deal for referees failed to be reached, Inter Miami and Real Salt Lake will start the new season with stand-in officials
- Will Inter Miami make the postseason? Is this the year Thiago Almada breaks the MLS transfer record?
- Dest, Tillman and Pepi speak to The Athletic about their hopes for an unbeaten season at PSV – and featuring at the World Cup
- Former Leeds United head coach Jesse Marsch says he wants to manage in the Premier League again. The American has been without a job since being sacked as Leeds United head coach in February 2023. Despite being previously linked to Southampton and Leicester City, the 50-year-old has yet to take up a new managerial role since leaving Elland Road, but hopes to return to the top flight in the future. Speaking on Sky Sports, he said: “I love the Premier League and I love the power of what the league means globally, but honestly the true answer is I want […]
- When D.C. United opens its season on Saturday against the New England Revolution, it will do so with less fanfare than normal. Four of United’s officially-recognized supporters’ groups — District Ultras, Rose Room Collective, 202 Unique and Buzzard Point Social — are planning a four-match protest at the onset of United’s season in response to the club’s preseason visit to Saudi Arabia. A fifth, unsanctioned group, La Banda del Distrito, has also joined in. “D.C. United Supporter Groups will not be providing organized support for the first four matches in protest of the club’s…
- Lionel Messi has attempted to once again explain his absence from a friendly in Hong Kong after being accused of a “deliberate and calculated snub” by not playing. The Hong Kong government said it was “extremely disappointed” by Messi’s failure to play in a game between Inter Miami and the Hong Kong XI earlier this month and demanded an explanation from event organisers. Head coach Tata Martino later claimed the decision not to play the 36-year-old was due to an ongoing injury for his star player but the situation escalated further when he did feature against Vissel Kobe in Japan…
- Minnesota United is nearing a deal to appoint Manchester United assistant coach Eric Ramsay as their new manager, sources briefed on the deal tell The Athletic. The deal isn’t quite done or signed yet, as Ramsay remains under contract with United, but all parties are working on it. At 32 years old, Ramsay, who is highly rated in the English game, will be the youngest head coach in MLS this season by a wide margin. NYCFC’s Nick Cushing, at 39, is the second youngest. Ramsay will also become the youngest full-time head coach in MLS history (Yoann Damet was FC […]
- The Professional Referees Organization (PRO) has a plan in place ready to be executed for exactly who will be MLS’ replacement referees with the Professional Soccer Referees Association (PSRA) locked out, sources briefed on the plan tell The Athletic. PRO has commitments from a total of 66 officials, according to those sources. Of those, 26 can be assigned as a center referee or fourth official and 29 can be an assistant referee. Additionally, PRO general manager Mark Geiger will be available as a video assistant referee. Geiger refereed in MLS from 2004-19 and was a listed FIFA referee from…
- The Professional Referees Organization (PRO) will lock out the MLS referees, effective 12 a.m. ET on February 18, PRO announced Saturday. The news comes shortly after the Professional Soccer Referees Association (PSRA), the labor union representing professional referees in North America and Canada, announced its membership overwhelmingly voted to reject its leadership’s tentative agreement with PRO for a new collective bargaining agreement (CBA) via a vote of 95.8 per cent “no.” Inter Miami hosts Real Salt Lake on Wednesday to kick off the MLS season. Barring drastic changes over the…
- A club-record signing, an eager acquisition looking for starts and a promising developmental prospect.
- The rising players who stood out in Coachella Valley
- Premier League live news and scores: Manchester United latest updates; Arsenal, Liverpool reaction and moreUpdates from across the Premier League, plus news from across MLS, WSL and Europe
- Inter Miami is finalizing a deal to transfer midfielder Gregore to Brazilian club Botafogo, sources briefed on the deal tell The Athletic. Globo first reported the move. The Brazilian outlet also reported that the fee is around $2.8 million. Gregore was not in the matchday squad for Miami on Thursday against Newell’s. The deal comes after The Athletic reported Inter Miami needed to shed salary and/or add allocation money to be cap compliant before roster compliance day on Tuesday. “Based on very recent conversations with (Miami) in the last 24 hours, they will be compliant and are…
- Real Madrid's Toni Kroos has agreed to play for Germany for the 2024 Euro Championship after a request from coach Julian Nagelsmann.
- Check out the complete list of English Premier League winners dating back to 1888.
- Check out the complete list of MLS Cups winners dating back to 1996.
- Three of Europe's iconic soccer clubs — Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern Munich — will all need a new coach at the end of the season.
- Gregg Berhalter joined the State of the Union Podcast to talk about Gio Reyna's early struggles with his new team, the issues with development at keeper lately and how he has grown as a coach since the USMNT's run in Qatar at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- In the opening match of the 2024 MLS season, Lionel Messi assisted on both Inter Miami goals in a 2-0 victory over Real Salt Lake.
- The Canadian Soccer Players’ Association filed a $40 million lawsuit against 15 current and former board members of Canada Soccer.
- Lionel Messi's first full season in MLS began with replacement officials on Wednesday as the Professional Referee Organization continues its strike.
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Al-Nassr will head to the Asian Champions League quarterfinals following a 3-0 aggregate win over Al-Fayha in an-all Saudi Arabian matchup.
- Arsenal and Barcelona have work to do to reach the Champions League quarterfinals after both sides suffered disappointing results Wednesday.
- In a long post on Instagram, South Korea star Son Heung-min apologized for his role in the incident and called on the national team’s fans to forgive Lee Kang-in.
- Jim Ratcliffe invoked the famous words of Alex Ferguson in wanting to knock Manchester City and Liverpool “off their perch."
- The eight-time Ballon d'Or winner and Inter Miami enter the season as favorites to win the MLS Cup. FOX Sports soccer writer Doug McIntyre offers his insights.
- The United States women's national team started the inaugural CONCACAF W Gold Cup just how they wanted: with a 5-0 win over the Dominican Republic on Tuesday night.
- Here are three quick takeaways from Tuesday’s Champions League round of 16 games.
- Erling Haaland scores to bring Man City one point behind first-place Liverpool in Premier League title raceErling Haaland came to Manchester City's rescue with a 71st-minute goal to clinch a 1-0 win over Brentford in the Premier League.
- Manchester United says British billionaire Jim Ratcliffe has completed his purchase of a minority stake in the club.
- Three things to know before the CONCACAF W Gold Cup, the USWNT's first major tournament since the World Cup.
- When his first full season in MLS begins on Wednesday, Lionel Messi's matches with Inter Miami will once again be destination viewing for soccer fans in the United States and around the world.
- USWNT rising star forward Mia Fishel sustained a torn ACL during training on Monday. Veteran Alex Morgan will replace her on the CONCACAF W Gold Cup roster.
Minnesota United FC: Soaring to New Heights in the MLS
In the land of 10,000 lakes, a soccer revolution has taken hold, and it goes by the name of Minnesota United FC. As a rising force in Major League Soccer (MLS), this dynamic team has captured the hearts of fans and players alike with its tenacity, passion, and unwavering commitment to success. In this exciting article, we dive into the journey of Minnesota United FC, a team that has transformed the soccer landscape in the North Star State.
A Passionate Fan Base:
Minnesota United FC was welcomed with open arms when it joined MLS in 2017. The passionate fans, affectionately known as the “Dark Clouds,” “True North Elite,” and the “Red Loons,” have brought an electric atmosphere to Allianz Field, the team’s state-of-the-art stadium in St. Paul. The sea of black, blue, and gray jerseys, punctuated by a sea of scarves and flags, ignites a fervor that echoes across the stands and onto the field.
Building the Dream:
The journey to MLS was not without its challenges for Minnesota United FC. Founded in 2010, the team initially played in lower leagues before earning its place in the prestigious MLS. The vision of bringing top-tier soccer to Minnesota was realized through the dedication of ownership, coaching staff, and players, who worked tirelessly to build a competitive squad that could stand toe-to-toe with some of the league’s best.
Rising Stars on the Field:
Minnesota United FC boasts a roster brimming with talent and ambition. From the skillful playmaking of their midfield maestro to the clinical finishing of their strikers, each player contributes to the team’s attacking flair. With a rock-solid defense and a midfield engine that never stops running, Minnesota United FC is a force to be reckoned with.
One of the standout stars is Darwin Quintero, the Colombian forward with an eye for the spectacular. Quintero’s flair, creativity, and knack for scoring wonder goals have endeared him to fans and struck fear into opposing defenses. Alongside him, young talents like Hassani Dotson and Chase Gasper have rapidly risen through the ranks, showcasing the team’s focus on nurturing homegrown talent.
The “Wonderwall” Moment:
The iconic “Wonderwall” moment has become a defining symbol of Minnesota United FC. After every home victory, players gather at the stadium’s North End to celebrate with the fans, joining them in singing “Wonderwall” by Oasis. This unifying ritual epitomizes the bond between the team and its supporters, uniting them in a shared love for the beautiful game.
Making a Mark in the Playoffs:
Minnesota United FC’s rise in the MLS has not gone unnoticed, especially during the playoffs. With each passing season, the team has gone from strength to strength, making their mark in the postseason battles. The electrifying atmosphere at Allianz Field reaches a crescendo during these crucial matches, with fans turning the stadium into a fortress for their beloved team.
Impact on Youth Development:
Beyond their exploits on the field, Minnesota United FC is committed to nurturing the next generation of soccer stars. Through their academy system, they identify and develop young talent, offering them a pathway to the professional ranks. This commitment to youth development underscores the team’s dedication to building a sustainable soccer culture in Minnesota.
Minnesota United FC’s ascent in Major League Soccer has been nothing short of extraordinary. From its humble beginnings to its passionate fan base and stellar performances on the field, this team has etched its name into the hearts of soccer enthusiasts across the state. As they continue to soar to new heights, Minnesota United FC exemplifies the spirit of unity and determination that defines the beautiful game. The future looks bright for the team from the Land of 10,000 Lakes as they strive to make their mark on the grand stage of MLS.